- Sopto Home
- Special Topic
- PCI-E Card Knowledge
- Opening the server case
PCI-E Card Knowledge
- Info about Network Interface Card Teaming
- How to Setup a Server with Multiple Network Interface Adapters?
- How to Reconnect an Internet Network Adapter for an Acer Aspire?
- 9 Things to Do When Your Internal Network Card Stops Working
- Ethernet Standards NIC for Home Networking
- What Is a Network Interface Adapter?
- How to Configure a Network Interface Card in Linux?
- How should Configure Your NIC for ISA and TMG?
- Recommended Network Card Configuration for Forefront UAG Servers
SOPTO Special Topic
Except products belongs to Bargain Shop section, all products are warranted by SOPTO only to purchasers for resale or for use in business or original equipment manufacturer, against defects in workmanship or materials under normal use (consumables, normal tear and wear excluded) for one year after date of purchase from SOPTO, unless otherwise stated...
Defective products will be accepted for exchange, at our discretion, within 14 days from receipt. Buyer might be requested to return the defective products to SOPTO for verification or authorized service location, as SOPTO designated, shipping costs prepaid. .....
PCI-E NIC Cards provide redundant connectivity to ensure an uninterrupted network connection.
PCI-E NIC Cards are ideal for VM environments with multiple operating systems, requiring shared or dedicated NICs.
They are specially designed for desktop PC clients, servers, and workstations with few PCI Express slots available.
- Fiber Optic Transceiver Module
- High Speed Cable
- Fiber Optical Cable
- Fiber Optical Patch Cords
- Splitter CWDM DWDM
- PON Solution
- FTTH Box ODF Closure
- PCI-E Network Card
- Network Cables
- Fiber Optical Adapter
- Fiber Optical Attenuator
- Fiber Media Converter
- PDH Multiplexers
- Protocol Converter
- Digital Video Multiplexer
- Fiber Optical Tools
PCI-E Card Knowledge
Opening the server case
Reminder: this page is a part of the "Remove and reinstall a PCI expansion card.
Because the components inside your server are extremely sensitive to static electricity, make sure that you follow the instructions at the beginning of this step to avoid static electricity damage.
Follow the instructions of “Preventing static electricity discharge” and make sure that you turn off the server, then unplug the power cord(s) and all other cables connected to the server.
- If the bezel is installed, unlock and open it.
- If the server is mounted in a cabinet, remove the server from the cabinet.
- Place the server on a stable, non-skid surface
- Unlock the case cover lock on the front panel of the case.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews (1) on the back of the cover.
- Slide the cover (2) toward the back of the case, then remove it from the case
For correct cooling and air flow, always reinstall the cover before you turn on the server. Operating the server without the cover in place will cause the server to overheat.
You May Want to Know:
What's driving the future of PCIe?
Selecting the Optimum PCI Express Clock Source