Twinax Cable Knowledge
- Cable Labeling as Part of Data Center Management
- How to Correctly Run cables On Servers in a Data Center?
- 4 Realities You Should Consider 10G Ethernet for Your Business
- Is it finally the end of copper?
- Why We Need Both 40G and 100G Ethernet Cable?
- What is Twisted Pair Cable?
- Benefits of Twisted Pair Cable Construction
- Why Copper Is Used in Cables?
- A Brief Look at Ethernet Cable Construction
SOPTO Special Topic
Except products belongs to Bargain Shop section, all products are warranted by SOPTO only to purchasers for resale or for use in business or original equipment manufacturer, against defects in workmanship or materials under normal use (consumables, normal tear and wear excluded) for one year after date of purchase from SOPTO, unless otherwise stated...
Defective products will be accepted for exchange, at our discretion, within 14 days from receipt. Buyer might be requested to return the defective products to SOPTO for verification or authorized service location, as SOPTO designated, shipping costs prepaid. .....
Twinax Cables are mainly used with PCI or PCI-E Card for the short distance interconnection in the server room.
- Fiber Optic Transceiver Module
- High Speed Cable
- Fiber Optical Cable
- Fiber Optical Patch Cords
- Splitter CWDM DWDM
- PON Solution
- FTTH Box ODF Closure
- PCI-E Network Card
- Network Cables
- Fiber Optical Adapter
- Fiber Optical Attenuator
- Fiber Media Converter
- PDH Multiplexers
- Protocol Converter
- Digital Video Multiplexer
- Fiber Optical Tools
Stable Transmission Speed
Various Length Selection
Wider Operating Temperature
Good for HPC
Good for Data Center
Twinax Cable Knowledge
How to test 10G SFP+ Direct Attach Passive Copper cables?
10Gb/s SFP+ Direct Attach copper cable have two choice: passive and active cable. Passive SFP+ DAC cable assembly allows for a serial data transmission up to 120Gbps, which is a low cost choice for very short reach applications of 10GbE.
The design of passive SFP+ DAC cable has no signal amplification and CDR in the cable assembly. EDC (Electronic Dispersion Compensation) is typically used on host board designs when passive copper cable assemblies are utilized. EDC allows for an extended length of passive cable assemblies. Now, let us go to High Speed Electrical Measurements SFF-8431 has many requirements for how to test a SFP+ Cables. WDP Measurements, VMA and VCR Measurements, SDD11 and SCC11 Measurements for differential and common mode return loss, Return loss measurements were measured on a VNA with the module compliance test boards.
The following is the test item for a typical SFP+ Passive cable:
- Differential Impedance,
- Differential Insertion Loss (SDD21 & SDD12)
- Differential Return Loss (SDD11 & SDD22)
- Differential to Common Mode Conversion (SCD21 & SCD12)
- Differential Imbalance (SDD31 and SDD42 when driven differentially)
- TDT Skew (Intra-Pair & Inter-Pair)
- Rise-time Degradation
- Extracted Eye Pattern
- Ability to add equalizer in eye pattern measurement for high speed systems
- Measured PRBS Eye Pattern (Up to 12.5Gbps)
SOPTO is the global leading supplier of fiber optic transceiver & twinax cable, it has established complete test process and automatic test system to ensure its products 100% in accordance with the requirements of SFF-8431 standards for production test. Apart from SFP+ Passive cables, SOPTO also offers SFP+ Active Cable,QSFP+ Cables,QSFP+ AOC etc. high speed interconnection products.