- Fiber Optic Transceiver
- High Speed Cable
- Fiber Optical Cable
- Fiber Optical Patch Cords
- Splitter CWDM DWDM
- GEPON Solution
- FTTH Box ODF Closure
- PCI-E Network Card
- Network Cables
- Fiber Optical Adapter
- Fiber Optical Attenuator
- Fiber Media Converter
- PDH Multiplexers
- Protocol Converter
- Digital Video Multiplexer
- Fiber Optical Tools
- The importance to research t...
- What are the technical requi...
- The differences of PLC split...
- Introduction of CWDM system ...
- Differences of bare fiber, l...
- Package of Splitter,CWDM,DWD...
- DWDM Mux and Demux
- Half duplex and Full duplex
- what is PLC splitter?
- What is OADM?
- What is CWDM and DWDM?
- FBT splitter and PLC splitte...
The differences of PLC splitters and FBT splitters, Disadvantages, Advantages, Optical Performance
1. Technology behind FBT Coupler(or FBT Splitter) and PLC splitter.
FBT splitter: Fused biconical taper, this is traditional technology to weld several fiber together from side of the fiber.
PLC splitter: Planar waveguide is a micro-optical components product, using lithography, the semiconductor substrate in the medium or the formation of optical waveguide, to achieve branch distribution function.
2. Disadvantages and advantages between FBT Coupler and PLC Splitter.
FBT splitter (Fused)
Can split light evenly
Eveness is not very precise
Big size for multi splits
2, Optical Performance
We use fiber optic splitter to distribute or combine optical signals in many applications,
we have one question: Shall I use PLC or Fused Splitter ? When we do comparison, we need to do comparison for devices of the same split-ratio.