- Fiber Patch Panel
- Fiber Optic Transceiver
- Fiber Media Converter
- PDH Multiplexers
- Protocol Converter
- Digital Video Multiplexer
- GEPON Solution
- PCI-E Cards
- High Speed DAC Cable
- Fiber Optical Cable
- Fiber Optical Patch Cords
- Fiber Optical Adapter
- Fiber Optical Attenuator
- Splitter CWDM DWDM
- FTTH Box ODF Closure
- Network Cables
- Fiber Optical Tools
- Fused Biconic Tapered Splitt...
- What is TDMOIP
- The direct difference betwee...
- Nondispersion-Shifted Fiber(...
- About OM3 fiber
- What is an optical fiber
- The feature of Multi-mode op...
- HBA card
- About HBA
- Fiber closure
- Active Fiber Optic Cable Con...
- What are the types of fiber ...
- Sopto SC and FC Fiber Fast C...
- Outdoor FTTH Cabinet
- CWDM multiplexer
- DWDM multiplexer
- What is the advantages of di...
- Sopto offers 8 Channels Vide...
- Sopto 8 Channels Video Multi...
- What is VLAN
Disadvantages of fiber cable
Disadvantages of fiber cable:
1.Limited Application: Can only be used on ground, cannot leave the ground or be associated with the mobile communication.
2.Nuclear Radiations: on exposure to the nuclear radiations the glass darken and the harder the glass is easily it’ll lose its color.
3.Low Power: Light emitting sources are limited to low power and tough high power emitters are available but are costly.
4.Fragility : The fiber optic cables are easily broken
5.Distance: The distance between the transmitter and receiver must be short or if it is long signal repeaters are used to ensure the signals are not weak.
The above are the disadvantages of fiber optic cable that should be noticed. If you have any question, Sopto can provide the best solution for you.